HAMILTON PUBLIC LIBRARY TRUSTEE MEETING MINUTES - MARCH 21, 2011
The Board of Trustees of the Hamilton Public Library met at 6:30 p.m. on March 21, 2011. Members present: Dadant, Esterday, Knowles, Kolditz, Morris, Reinhardt, Ruark, Smith, and Librarian Denton. President Smith called the meeting to order.
MINUTES It was noted that Morris was not in attendance at the February meeting and taht $12,000 was transferred from the money market account to the NOW account. Kolditz moved and Esterday secodned a motion to approve the minutes (as amended) of the February 21, 2011 meeting. Motion carried.
BILLS Morris moved and Kolditz seconded a motion to pay the bills as presentd. Motion carried.
Friends of the Library: Will be holding a membership drive during National Library Week. Finance: No CD's are maturing and no funds were transferred.
- She will not be attending the Metro Library System conference.
- The portable sidewalk sign has been received and has been used several times
- The library will hold an Open House on April 14 from 6-7pm for National Library Week. The city council has been invited to attend. Denton will try to see if the transfer of the Grigsby journals can take place that night.
- A written policy for closing thelibrary dut to inclement weather has been written. Kolditz moved and Smith seconded a motion to adopt the policy as presented.
- A second bid for carpet cleaning has been received. It was suggested that Denton contact a local business for another bid.
- A letter has been received notifying the library of the Per Capita Grant award of $399.l67
- The library will participate in the National Start!-Walk program sponsored by the American Heart Assoiciation. It is a program to encourage walking as a physical activity. The local program will begin April 7th at 6 p.m. and continue for six weeks.
Public Relations: No report.
Building & Grounds: The light switch for the entryway is not working properly. The board suggested taht Denton contact Steve Schlatter to look into the matter as well as seek his recommendation on an exterior motion detector light for the main entrance.
Next years budget was presented to the city council by the committee. The budget's request will remain the same as this year at $77,500. The Alliance Digital Media Library will be available in May for patrons to download E-books. Denton reported that se had talked with the library patron who had pornography on one of the library's computers. He agreed to use a computer whose monitor is visible to the library staff. She also reported the incident to the city police.
Member Dadant's term will expire next month. The Board instructed Denton to speak with Carole Burklin to see if she would be willing to fill the vacancy. Dadant moved and Morris seconded a motion to nominate the following slate of officers for the next year:
- President, Reinhardt
- Vice-President, Kolditz
- Secretary, Della-Vadova
- Treasurer, Knowles
Dadant moved and Ruark seconded a motion to adjourn. Motion carried.
Sharon Esterday, Secretary